General Insurance is a system of insurance service that doesn’t include life insurance and consist of homeowners and automobile policies, offer payments regarding loss from a specific financial incident. Similarly, it is also known as non-life insurance, casualty insurance, and property insurance in various places. The general insurance companies cover for incidents like critical diseases, natural calamities, agricultural safety, vehicle accidents, and loss of luggage during a tour, business losses and several such dangers. Mainly These non-life insurance policies can be bought by paying premiums either monthly or annually. There are numerous types of insurance policies sharing the similar types of schemes and services which seem very confusing. Therefore below are the best general insurance companies in India, 2019.
- New India Assurance – The New India Assurance Company (NIA) was established by Sir Dorabji Tata in the year 1919 with its head office in Mumbai. It is held under the government of India and has been offering its services globally around 22 countries with 1600 branches. NIA is one of the leading insurance companies with services ranging from aviation, jewelry, oil and energy, satellites, petrochemicals and various industrial divisions.
- National Insurance India – One of the oldest General Insurance Company in India established in the year 1906 with its head office in Kolkata, West Bengal. It offers complete insurance cover from natural calamities to rural and urban businesses and households. The company has recently won the Best Auto Insurer Award and became the best car insurance company in India, 2017.
- The Oriental Insurance – The Oriental Insurance Company has its headquarters in New Delhi and has been in the insurance sector since 1947. The company offers its services to various organizations like petrochemical, steel, chemical and power plants ranging from small-scale to medium or even large scale industries from rural to urban areas of the country. Therefore it is one of the best general insurance Company in India for agents.
- United India Insurance – The company has been offering its services in the general insurance sector since 1938 and has a head office in Chennai. It offers insurance covers ranging from small-scale businesses to large-scale organizations, for example, Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam, GMR –Hyderabad International Airport, ONGC etc.
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance – Bajaj Allianz was established in the year 2001 by the joint venture between Bajaj Finserve Limited and Allianz SE. The services offered are IRDA certified and eventually ranges among the top 10 general insurance companies in India as per IRDA. It includes schemes like health insurance which consists of star package, health guard, personal guard and hospital cash. It also offers a special travel insurance scheme known as Pravasi Bharati Bima Yojana.
- ICICI Lombard – The company is a Joint venture of ICICI Bank and Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. It provides covers for insurance related to automobile insurance, health care, and business protection. Therefore is one of the largest companies in the private sector for general insurance.
- Tata AIG Insurance – Tata AIG General Insurance Company with its headquarters in Mumbai was founded in the year 2001 after uniting with American International Group. Ultimately it ranges among the best general insurance company in India, 2018 and is well known for providing services like home insurance, travel insurance, lifestyle insurance, health insurance and motor insurance. It also has a special feature known as Private Client Group (PCG) which specially provides services for artist’s entrepreneurs and royal families.
- HDFC General Insurance – The HDFC General Insurance Company is a wing of HDFC Egro, in the year 2016 it merged into L&T General Insurance. It has won various awards like Product of the Year, Brand Excellence and has a supreme and matchless reputation in the general insurance market in India as well as globally. Hence it comes among the top 20 general insurance companies in India.
- Reliance General Insurance – Reliance General Insurance is an auxiliary of Reliance Capital Ltd. The services from Reliance General Insurance is not only about claims and premiums but also offers services like enlightening the people to make a tension free and healthy standard of living. Since 2001 it has been offering its services through 139 branches which are spread across 24 states all over India.
- IFFCO Tokyo – IFFCO Tokyo was established in the year 2000 and is a joint venture with Tokyo Marine, Farmer Fertilizers Co-operative and Nichido Fire Group one of the biggest Fire Insurance Group in Japan. It provides a long list of non-life Insurance services ranging from health, home, motor, and travel etc.
The above GIC Companies has a tie-up with udtapaisa.com and if anyone wants excellent services regarding non-life insurance can easily contact Udta paisa for services.