Balanced Funds are also known as hybrid funds because the fund generates income through a diversified portfolio of equity and equity related instruments and debt instruments. Where on one hand the equity portion offers the capital appreciation, whereas, on the other hand the debt portion provides income growth. The impact of market volatility on the NAV of these plans is not much in comparison to pure equity scheme. Balanced funds offer ways to attain Proper Asset Allocation along with Regular Rebalancing which is mostly demanded by all the investors. Balanced funds are perfect for investors seeking for stable and reasonable growth. Here we will discuss the Top 10 Balanced Mutual Funds Invest in 2018.
List of the Best Balanced Mutual Funds 2018-2019 India:
1. Aditya Birla Sun Life Balanced 95 Fund – Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Hybrid ‘95 Fund is an equity-oriented fund that seeks to generate capital appreciation and current income over the long run through a diversified portfolio of equity, money market, and debt securities. The fund is managed by Dhaval Shah since Nov 2016 and has managed to generate a return of 16% over a period of 5 years. The best holdings of the fund are Shriram Transport 2019, TMF Holdings 2019, and Indiabulls Housing Finance2021 etc. Hence deserves a place in the Top 10 Balanced Mutual Funds Invest in 2018 list.
2. Canara Robeco Balance – Canara Robeco Equity Debt Allocation Fund aims to generate capital growth along with income through a balanced portfolio of basically sound stocks across market capitalization through mid-small tilts. The fund is managed by Shidatta Bhandwaldar from Jul 2016. The fund managed a consistent performance through returns of more than 16% over the 5 years, thus justify a position as one among the Best Balanced Mutual Funds 2018-2019 India.
3. DHFL Pramerica Balanced Advantage Fund – DHFL Pramerica Hybrid Equity Fund seeks to build a balanced portfolio of equity and equity-related securities along with fixed income securities to provide capital growth and income. The fund is managed by Kumaresh Ramakrishnan since April 2018 and generated a return of 12% during the 5 year period by consistently maintaining a moderate risk profile.
4. Franklin India Balanced Fund – Franklin India Balanced Fund is an equity-oriented scheme that aims for long-term capital growth along with investment stability and current income in a balanced portfolio of first-rate equity and fixed income securities. The fund is administered by Lakshmikanth Reddy, Umesh Sharma, and Sachin Padwal Desai and produced a return of 15% in a period of 5 years. The best holdings of the scheme are Hinduja Leyland Finance 2019, JM Financial Products 2019, AND GOI 2028, etc.
5. HDFC Balanced Fund – HDFC Balanced Fund aims to achieve capital growth with current income from a balanced portfolio of equity and debt tools. The fund is managed by Chirag Setalvad since April 2007 and produced a return of above 18% over the 5 year period. The fund upholds a 2/3 allocation to equities tools and henceforth minimizes the risk through investments in debt tools, therefore deserves to be enlisted in the Top 10 Balanced Mutual Funds Invest in 2018 list.
6. ICICI Prudential Balanced – ICICI Prudential Equity & Debt Fund is a hybrid fund that seeks to offer income distribution and long-term capital growth through derivatives strategies, arbitrage opportunities along with pure equity investments. The fund is administered by a trio of Sankaran Naren, Atul Patel, and Manish Banthia and produced a return of 17% during the 5 year period. The best holdings of the fund include Infosys, Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, GOI, IndusInd Bank, etc.
7. Kotak Balance – Kotak Equity Hybrid Fund is a hybrid equity-oriented fund that seeks to generate income and capital growth through investing in arbitrage opportunities in the cash and derivatives section of the equity market. The fund is administered by Pankaj Tibrewal and Abhishek Bisen and produced a return of 12% in a period of 5 years. The best holdings of the fund include TCS, GMR Infrastructure, Kotak Mahindra, Axis Bank, Jindal Steel & Power, etc.
8. Sundaram Balanced Fund – Sundaram Equity Hybrid Fund seeks to offer capital growth along with current income through a balanced portfolio that includes equities and fixed income tools. The fund is administered by Shiv Chanani since 2013 and has produced a return of 11% in a period of 5 years, henceforth is one of the Best Balanced Mutual Funds 2018-2019 India.
9. Tata Balanced Fund – Tata Hybrid Equity Fund aims to produce steady returns by investing predominantly in equity instruments and debts in a equity to debt ratio of 70:30 ratio. The fund is a consistent performer and generated a return of about 15% in a period of 5 years and is presently administered by Pradeep Goenka and Murthy Nagarajan.
10. UTI Balanced Fund – UTI Hybrid Equity Fund is a hybrid fund that aims to produce regular income along with longer-term capital growth through investments in equities and equity-related stocks of companies throughout the market capitalization range. The fund is administered by Sunil Madhukar Patil in Feb 2018 and produced a return of almost 14% in a period of 5 years. Henceforth is one among the Top 10 Balanced Mutual Funds Invest in 2018.
The Udta paisa is one such platform to provide insurance assistance along with offers and discounts related to the list of Best Balanced Mutual Funds 2018-2019 India. So, investors can contact Udta Paisa in case of any queries.